Good as it is, there is scope for yet further development! What could enhance this already excellent post?
- specific stills from the opening to demonstrate some of the detailed denotation of shots, effects, characters etc - I've included 2, from googling (don't have the DVDs to hand), showing how the blue tint was employed in the original and remake
- a YouTube vid linked to this topic
- even more additional reading/further resources hyperlinks
- set out points on 'how this film influences our production' in some combination of a different font/colour/indenting etc (Will has already denoted the quotes by both indenting AND changing the font)
- an individual or group commentary recorded over the footage of the opening (I've embedded an example of this below)
- discuss the remake, and the idea of film as 'franchise', comparing box office/budgets and sampling some reviews
- also worth mentioning here how good the feature-length documentaries, both available to you, American Nightmare and Going to Pieces are on this film, with director John Carpenter featured prominently in both
Its also a good think to reflect a little on HOW you found your information/resources. When I looked for images, my first search was "halloween blue tint" - this didn't bring useful results. One brief ponder later I extended this to "carpenter halloween blue tint" and, hey presto, lots of useful results!
When I looked for YouTube vids, I tried "halloween opening scene", which immediately brought good results ... and some unexpected but useful links too.
The remake's opening is in there too; here's the link, but I'll skip embedding this given the language included!