|Will YOUR Media work topple one of these?! (March 2012 list)|
Go to the IGSMediaStudies YouTube channel.
Find the 2008-9 AS coursework playlist.
Create a new blog post called Assessing a Past Coursework Opening.
You will be working in pairs, each on a different film opening - 1st come 1st served (shout out the name of the one you want to work on).
Watch it through twice, then make notes (blog) the following:
- the strongest feature of this opening
- the weakest feature of this opening
- any of the criteria you think it would rate excellent on
- any of the criteria you think it would rate minimal or basic on
- pick out and detail three particularly effective shots within this opening
- do the same commenting on 3 aspects of editing
- NOW get together with another student who looked at a different past production and discuss your findings, plus any tips/insights you've gained on what to do/avoid.
If you didn't take detailed notes from a second student in lesson time either arrange to do so or have a look yourself at a 2nd example, following the 7 steps above.